2002 Aug 10 11:04

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Quoting andy wergedal (awerg@yahoo.com):

> I know that my description defines a great avenue for
> Linux, but that why Linux is gaining ground in the Server
> arena and not on the desktop.

Only a cynic would suggest that the above is a lazy handwave, so I'm
assuming you have some innovative technique for measuring Linux
deployments, a tough question that has stumped IDC, Gartner Group, Meta
Group, AllNet Research, and Netcraft -- since, of course, for a freely
distributable operating system, sales and deployments are entirely
different measurements.

So, please do tell us about about this groundbreaking study.  (Not that
I particularly care how many deployments there are, but I'm curious how
_you_ know.)

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell