2002 Aug 09 23:39

Re: [vox] need help with an url

Rick Moen writes:
 > Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name):
 >
 > > Huh! I didn't think that was legal - but I tried it. I've never
 > > encountered the HTTP/0.9 standard - but it appears not to allow
 > > for headers of any kind?
 >
 > I was being too lazy to look up proper HTTP syntax, since it wasn't my
 > diagnostic situation.   ;->

The way you did it seems to be proper HTTP syntax, anyway (if somewhat
old) - I had just never run across it before. Your way worked, but
replacing "GET" with "HEAD" resulted in:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>400 Bad Request</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Bad Request</H1>
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<P>
client sent invalid HTTP/0.9 request: HEAD /<P>
</BODY></HTML>

-Micah