January 6: Social gathering
2002 Aug 09 23:40

Re: [vox] need help with an url

Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name):

> Huh! I didn't think that was legal - but I tried it. I've never
> encountered the HTTP/0.9 standard - but it appears not to allow
> for headers of any kind?

I was being too lazy to look up proper HTTP syntax, since it wasn't my
diagnostic situation.   ;->

Let's see:

rick@cthulhu:~$ telnet www.dirac.org 80
Trying 64.164.47.8...
Connected to adsl-64-164-47-8.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET  /linux/lugod/FAQ/lugod-faq.html HTTP/1.1
Host: www.dirac.org

HTTP/1.1 200 OK