2002 Aug 09 22:00

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

You have put it better than I could. And you are correct.
My company is riveted to MS. Therefor so am I, at work.

Our clients are similarly shackled to MS technologies as
well. This is my main frustration with computing. (the
inability to break through the MSOffice paradigm and move
toward a more sane solution) It is easy to discuss
apache/perl/oracle solution to the IT department but when I
pitch the same solution to the executive's they wonder why
those technologies are not on their laptop. Remember, sales
& marketing, HR and division's have enough money to
purchase Enterprise software. The IT guys are brought in to
verify if the proposed solution will integrate with their
current technologies. The IT departments usually do not
have the money (or the decision authority) to buy
Enterprise software. So, the business people usually buy
what they are comfortable with (MS).

-- Andy