2002 Aug 09 22:58

Re: [vox] visio on linux

this is a very not well thought out stance, for a number of reasons.
if you gave it some thought, i'm sure you'd agree it's simply a bad
position to take.

let me tell you a parable.

before i used linux, i loved winamp.  i loved all the skins that you
could get for it.  when i started to use linux, i was disappointed that
winamp wasn't available.  however, there was x11amp (which became xmms).
and x11amp was pretty darn cool.  it got better over the years.

xmms has its own set of skins which are pretty cool.  xmms can also use
winamp skins.  whereas some windows fool only has a billion different
skins for winamp, i've got 2 billion skins for xmms.   who wins?

does that make any sense to you?   if it doesn't, do a websearch on
"+dia +linux".

settling for half a fish is just plain *stupid* when you can have 10
fishes for the same price.  and make some fool in redmont pay for the
9.5 extra fishes.

i think your rant is very selfish and very unrealistic.  many people
wouldn't be able to use linux at the work place if it weren't for samba.
why should they be denied their own linux box because of your whim?

windows is just another operating system.  it exists, as does a whole
host of other operating systems.  personally, i think it's just plain
dumb to limit ourselves to interfacing with just THIS operating system.
or THAT operating system.  hell, harry, i want ALL of them.  it doesn't
even matter that i've never mounted a mac disk.  i get the bragging
rights.

pete

begin GNU Linux <gnulinux@rosecomputing.com>