2002 Aug 10 21:02

Re: [vox] visio on linux

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 09:18:35PM -0700, joseph e arruda wrote:
> lighter compenents and be effectively cross-platform....html, animated
> gifs, pngs, and packaged up as zips so anyone can look at the damn thing
> in the most ubiquitous app ever...a fscking browser)

Rasmus is doing some cool stuff with PHP, HTML, CSS, and so forth,
to generate presentation-software-quality presentations, in a MUCH more
portable way, and using MUCH more open stuff.   (XML, PHP, HTML)

His presentation to LUGOD was created using this software:

  http://pres.lerdorf.com/show/lugod

It looks like he has a presentation ON this presentation system
(and, amusingly, entitled "This Presentation System") there as well:

  http://pres.lerdorf.com/index.php/Presentation+System