2002 Aug 07 19:32

Re: [vox] [ot] Damn - Slashdot rejections!

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 03:57:16PM -0700, Micah Cowan wrote:
> I'm not saying I think they're wrong...  but, really, is comparing the
> results of only a single three-day period of "no contrails" to thirty
> periods of "contrails" supposed to be scientific?
>
> I agree that they're a good indication, but the results are hardly
> conclusive...
>
> Sorry... One of my pet peeves is unscientific science.

Yes, I agree. The data/sample set seems too small to be useful in making
such a broad conclusion. However, *MY* evidence is absolute 110.00341%
correct. Science was used to *prove* mine to be the only correct study. In
*MY* study, the difference in temperature with higher extremes was caused
by the numbers of american flags people were waving. You see, when people
fly more flags, that makes the wind blow harder, and more wind causes more
pollen, dust and molds to be spread about in the air, and as we all know,
people often have allergies to one or more of these which makes them
sneeze, and further complicates things by causing an increase in more
airflow with the sneezing, and coughing. The third amplification to more
wind during those three days was found when you look at the extra blowing
done by our political representatives in the Senate, House of Reps. and at
our local state.

Well, after writing this message on *MY* study, I can see the winds are
blowing even harder than before, and they seem to be a bit hot. I bet you
are going to try to say that the above is not very scientific or has flaws
in the assumptions. Well, to that I say "La-La-La-La!" as I plug my ears
with my fingers.

Sorry, could not resist. ;-)

-ME