2002 Aug 07 16:29

[vox] [ot] Damn - Slashdot rejections!

nbs writes:

 > Oh well... I tried.
 >
 > I submitted the following three articles, which SOME of you might find
 > interesting, even if the Slashdot editors didn't. ;)
 > (Excuse the long, ugly URLs.  Blame Yahoo! News)
 >

 > Planes Have Impact on Ground Temperature
 >
 >   http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=585&ncid=585&e=9&u=/nm/20020807/sc_nm/science_temperature_dc_1

I'm not saying I think they're wrong...  but, really, is comparing the
results of only a single three-day period of "no contrails" to thirty
periods of "contrails" supposed to be scientific?

I agree that they're a good indication, but the results are hardly
conclusive...

Sorry... One of my pet peeves is unscientific science.

-Micah