2002 Aug 07 02:13

Re: [vox] quake 3 for linux. again at a great price.

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> hi gabe,
>
> well, it's too late to support loki software.   :(

Ya :/ I can't remember if I bought heroes3 (which i don't let myself play
anymore, because it's like crack) and myth2 before or after Loki closed.

Even if Loki is gone, I think you can still support the general linux gaming
cause by buying Loki games. My reasoning is that resellers will see that
people are still buying linux games, and perhaps that information will
trickle up to someone in charge :)

> if you're having problems, you can always call them.  i've ordered stuff
> over the phone before with them.   quake 3 for $4.99 and descent 3 for
> $3.99 is worth dialing an 800 number.   :-)

I think I spoke too soon. I used moz 1.0 on my laptop and it worked fine.
Maybe moz 1.1b has issues.

> i *think* they might be having problems with their server; they're not
> returning ICMP and not responding to http requests at the moment.
>
> you might want to try back later.

It worked :)

-Gabe