2002 Aug 06 10:19

[vox] disable serial port

hi,

I have to disable serial port on a unix system(intel-STL2 motherboard).

What is do is:
- at the time of boot i hit F2, in setup i go to advanced > Peripheral
settings.
- here in port 1 i choose disable and save and exit out.

now instead of just disabling that serial port it also disables my keyboard.

Why is so happening??How can i remedy it?
Can i disable serial port in some other way also...i mean by making some
changes in some file(in windows nt system i can do that from boot.ini file)

hope to get some directions from u.

regards
anil garg