2002 Aug 01 17:46

Re: [vox] Holes found in OpenSSL...

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, ME wrote:

> Hello LUG members,
>
> Posts have been made to Bugtraq about multiple holes found in OpenSSL
that
> could lead to remote exploits and root access. Projects compiled with
> OpenSSL (mod_ssl, Apache_ssl, openssh, etc) are suggested for upgrades
> new ones. Since OpenSSL is a library, other packages that include code
> from OpenSSL may need to be recompiled after you have recompiled and
> installed OpenSSL.

Just for those who have not heard yet, there was a trojan in the
source tarballs on OpenSSH's site. You can read about it on:

http://www.openssh.org/
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1
http://online.securityfocus.com/news/560

and of course... Slashdot:
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/08/01/129228.shtml?tid=172

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com              http://www.shwaine.com
telnet://shwaine.dyn.greystoneapts.com:3000