2002 Jul 31 21:35

[vox] [OT] home brews

hola,

at the last meeting of the california brewer's guild (of which rhonda
and i are members of rank "apprentice brewer"), they were giving out
beers that didn't get imbibed at the last state fair beer tasting.

i grabbed about 50 bottles of all different styles -- rye beer, IPA,
dunkle, american pale ale, red ale, scottish stout, oatmeal stout, all
kinds of wheat beers, etc.

considering i have 60+ bottles of my own brews, i seem to have an
embarrasment of riches.  there's no way i'll be able to drink all this
stuff.  and frankly, with this much beer, i don't really have a good
excuse to brew some more, which i'd like to do.

just hypothetically -- would anyone be up for a beer tasting party[1]?
i'm thinking if we can 6-8 people together, we can have a whole lot of
different brews without having to drink the whole bottle and get drunk
before reaching the 8th bottle.  it would be nice to compare, say, a
british brown ale side-by-side with an american brown ale[2].

pete

[1] we can all chip in for pizza and chips too.

[2] the american should be sweeter.  the british should be more
flavorful and better warm.

--
Please don't put my email address in your Outlook addressbook.