2002 Jul 30 23:12

Re: [vox] Holes found in OpenSSL...

Quoting ME (dugan@passwall.com):

> Posts have been made to Bugtraq about multiple holes found in OpenSSL
> that could lead to remote exploits and root access.

Happy happy, joy joy!

> If you have only used pre-packaged binaries from your favorite Linux
> Dirstro, you can do one of several things:
> 1) Wait for your vendor to release new packages. (Some vendors have
> notices on upgrading packages.)
> 2) Ditch your local installs and build your own services (lots of work)
> 3) Do nothing (bad idea)

4) Turn off the vulnerable services, until you have a better option.
That should generally be the first thing you do upon finding out you
have a remote vulnerability, anyway.

If I didn't already have the fix in place, I'd probably disable Apache's
usage of OpenSSL and temporarily switch to LSH instead of OpenSSH.

--
Cheers,                             Ever wonder why the _same people_
Rick Moen                           make up _all_ the conspiracy theories?