2002 Jul 27 01:54

Re: [vox] broadband recommendations?

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 07:13:13PM -0700, Ryan wrote:

> Pac Bell never did get around to installing DSL for me. Didn't stop them from
> charging for service though.

Ditto.  That's when I got fed up, cancelled my order altogether, and
signed up with Omsoft.

(This was after a move, BTW.  So you know, back when we first got DSL,
2-3 years ago, the initial setup was a cinche, and quick.  Any time we
moved, though, it's as if PacBell just never imagined people moving
after getting DSL.  The support and service was pathetic, and the
amount of confusion between the divisions of the company was insane.
Hence billing for non-existent service, suddenly having our address wrong,
etc.)