2002 Jul 26 17:32

Re: [vox] [dozakdai@hotmail.com: I am a new Linux user]

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 02:48:29PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:

> I don't really do video editing; I just happen to have a software that
> came with my TV card I use primarily for video file type conversions.
> It's for Windows, of course.  I never looked for a video editing software
> under Linux, but I had difficulty enough just getting my TV card working.
> I've tried looking for video file type converter and never found a good
> one.  The TV player I use (xawtv) is supposed to be able to generate video
> files off of TV; it used to work but after I did a reinstall of everything
> with new versions it stopped working.  That gives you some idea on how
> reliable the video software is on Linux.

Mark and Zach - Perhaps you should look into the Linux Movies group
that meets in the east Bay Area.  They might be a good place to hang
out and try to find out more about video stuff under Linux.
(Robin Rowe, a writie for Linux Journal and the fellow who runs this club,
actually came to our last meeting to see Hans Reiser's talk.  Cool guy.)

  http://www.linuxmovies.org/