2002 Jul 26 15:43

[vox] [dozakdai@hotmail.com: I am a new Linux user]

----- Forwarded message from Zachariah Dove <dozakdai@hotmail.com> -----

From: "Zachariah Dove" <dozakdai@hotmail.com>
To: <root@lugod.org>
Subject: I am a new Linux user
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:44:47 -0700

Dear Bill,
        Hello my name is Zach Dove and I have just moved to West Sacramento from Anchorage, Alaska.  I got your email off of Linux.com's user group list.  I would like to replace my operating system (Windows ME) with Linux.  My reason for doing this is that windows ME keeps freezing up on me and I keep getting all these error messages... I am sure you have heard this before.  Anyway,  I am totally new to Linux, my only experience has been with a friend who has Linux, but he is up in Alaska, so it is kinda hard for him to help me.  I would just like some advice on what would be the best distribution version of Linux for me to get and whether it would be best to download it off of the internet and install it on my own or buy a book at the book store that comes with the Linux operating system on cd.  I am going to be using my computer mostly for video editing and for a mp3 and dvd player.  If you could email me back, with any advice you have, at your convenience I would greatly appreciate it.  I will be leaving tomorrow for a week and a half, so I will try to contact you when I get back.  Thank you very much for your time.
Sincerely,
        Zach

----- End forwarded message -----