2002 Jul 25 12:12

Re: [vox] Slashdot meetup.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 11:46:48AM -0700, nbs wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 11:21:15AM -0700, Zach Johnson wrote:
> > where is it?
>

> Gloria Jean's Gourmet Coffees, 1689 Arden Way, Sacramento, CA

WOAH!  I just looked again (someone was asking if Gloria Jeans was
in the Arden mall) and it looks like the location changed all of a sudden!?!
(I thought voting was supposed to end 3 days before the event!)

Now slashdot.meetup.com says:

  The Monkey Bar, 2730 Capitol Avenue, Sacramento, CA (map)
  on Thursday, July 25 @ 7:00PM

Honestly, this is really lame.  I've been mentioning the meet-up to
people (in person, on IRC, on Usenet, on LUG mailing lists, and on
LUGOD.org) and ever since the location was "set" to be Gloria Jean's,
I've been announcing that.

-bill!
pissed