2002 Jul 22 03:08

Re: [vox] [OT] ISO's vs ISOs

begin Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us>
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > begin Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us>

> Well, among the responses I have seen here so far, that doesn't appear to
> be true, so I guess you have been asking around somewhere else.  If the
> tally was so strong before you asked here, why did you bother?

i asked a couple of places because i wanted to get a few opinions.
generally, non-native speakers share your views.  most native speakers
share micah's views.

in addition, i did some websurfing, and found the attitude i like best:

http://www.abc.lv/thinkquest/tutorials/grammar_style/docs/1/a.html

(at the bottom).  he basically says what micah has been saying.

i don't think i'll retort your arguments.  not because i don't have
answers and arguments of my own.  i'm not sure either one of us is going
to convince the other.  it's matter of being improper or pedantic,
depending on how you look at it.

i think it's time i took myself out of this debate.  :)

pete