2002 Jul 22 09:42

Re: [vox] [OT] ISO's vs ISOs

> ok, i double dare you to pull the "w" key off your keyboard.

Eh?

I _did_ once write a pretty damned funny post to svlug@svlug.org, the
day that the "m" key (I think it was) on Deirdre's keyboard failed.

> if that's how you feel about things, why aren't you speaking chaucer
> english?

In case I didn't make myself clear, I _like_ the idea of change to the
English language -- especially those changes that expand its range of
expression without impairing much our access to existing text.

What I don't like is being told that I have to approve of something
grotesque or actively destructive of expressiveness just because it's
_new_ on the alleged grounds that to disapprove means opposing change.

I hope the logical fallacy entailed is clear this time, if it wasn't
before.