2002 Jul 21 21:57

Re: [vox] Web-based e-mail software

Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name):
> Mark K. Kim writes:

>> How about a SSH Java Applet?  I'm sure there's one out there
>> somewhere!
>
> ...MindTerm...

Mats Andersson issued MindTerm under the GPL, and was just about to
release the version that included protocol 2.0 support, when his firm
(Mindbright Technology AB) was bought by Martin Forssen's competing
firm, AppGate.  Suddenly, no more GPLed versions.

Fortunately, ISNetworks forked the GPLed codebase, and is continuing to
develop it, as the ISNetworks Java SSH/SCP Application/Applet.  See:
http://www.isnetworks.net/ssh/

I have a whole section on Java implementations, in
http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/security/ssh-clients .  (Terrible URL, I
know.  However, that document is linked from my home page.)

rick@linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.