2002 Jul 22 08:27

[vox] Web-based e-mail software

Currently, when I want to check my e-mail from a remote location, I use
SecureCRT or PuTTY to log in to my computer at home and then use Mutt.
But I would like to eliminate the need to even put PuTTY or rely on the
presence of SecureCRT, and use a browser to check my e-mail.

I have Apache 1.3.26 on my system (I tried 2.0.39 but couldn't figure
out how to make it talk nicely to PHP 4.2.1); Perl 5.6; PHP 4.2.1;
Sendmail; and Fetchmail.

I've looked at a couple of systems, such as SquirrelMail and
OpenWebMail; but most of the ones I've looked at require installing an
IMAP server (which I am willing to do but which I'd rather not do quite
yet), or setting Sendmail up to accept incoming mail (not an option).

Has anyone got any suggestions?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford