January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jul 19 21:55

Re: [vox] Slashdot lay-offs (ATTN: Bill)

Peter Jay Salzman writes:
 > begin Micah Cowan <micah@cowan.name>
 > > But the FAQ isn't part of the lugod site proper, right?
 >
 > i don't know what you mean by proper.

I mean, the FAQ isn't on www.lugod.org, right? ...It's on dirac. If it
is on the site, how do I get to it - it should be much easier to find,
IMO.

 > > And I also
 > > think it'd be helpful in the mailing lists page as well
 > > (http://www.lugod.org/mailinglists/).
 > >
 > > Just my 2?, naturally.
 > > Micah
 >
 > hmmm... way too much information that "should" be there.  if you start
 > having too much, people won't read it.  i know this from painful
 > experience.

Then link to it from that page?

Too much information is *never* a problem, IMHO - it's all how it's
organized and presented. My very favorite sites are the ones with just
scads and *scads* of information, with an intelligent interface.

 > despite the fact that you find it useful, most people regard it as
 > trivia.  i can only think of a few messages that had X-No-Archive:
 > headers, and most of them were mine trying to test the system.

I know it's trivia - but it should be available somewhere when you
look for it.

 > but i agree the FAQ should be linked to from the mailing list pages.
 > i'll get to that tonight.  :)

That'd be perfect.

A link on the side bar would be even better, though - IMHO. To the FAQ
I mean - not info on the X-No-Archive.

-Micah