2002 Jul 19 23:10

[vox] computer won't start

My computer arrived here, in Kiev, a month ago and I haven't been able to get it to
start.  Whenever I turn it on it runs for a minute or two and the red light flashes like it's
going to start but during this entire time the monitor doesn't activate; like it's in standby
mode.  Then the computer just turns itself off like I had pulled the plug.
It's a windows 98 and I haven't had any problems with it before.
The only thing I can think is that it was damaged in the
shipment.
Any guesses as to how to get it started?

-Zac