2002 Jul 18 15:39

Re: [vox] wireless lan coffee shop (was: Re: [vox-tech] wirelesslan?)

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Eric Engelhard wrote:
> > > In fact, things were so well configured that I went to a nearby
> > > AirPort-equipped coffee shop
> > Was this in Davis?
> Common Grounds in South Davis has unadvertised wireless. This is the
> same privately owned shop that tried to fight off the Safeway Starbuck's
> in the same development (the Microsoft of Coffee, hate 'em).

Ditto Mishka's.  I witnessed my friend Tye using wireless Internet there,
under Linux no less; however, I haven't been able to get it working myself.  :(
Tye has some kind of spiffy auto-connection software that apparently came
standard with his RH 7.x install.

I remember reading somewhere that all Starbucks' have wireless, but that
was during the dot-com bubble; it may have been a casualty of the bust.

--nicole "I love the java jive and it loves me" twn

***
"It's better to be lucky than good."--my architecture professor
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital nonsense for a weary world.