January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jul 16 21:49

[vox] Remote linux desktop

andy wergedal writes:
 > There was a system that I used to use that was a remote
 > linux desktop that ran in a browser. I cannot remember what
 > it was called or how to get back out to it. I think that
 > Micah went to work for that company (but I am not sure).
 >
 > Obviously there are a lot of changes going on in my life.

I haven't read the other responses yet - you're right, I did work for
such a company. However, if you go to their web site at
http://www.workspot.com, you'll see why I'm glad I'm working elsewhere
now :)

They did not create any of the technology they were using, however; it
would be easy to set yourself up the same way. The technology used was
VNC - you can get GPL software for it from AT&T at:

  http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/download.html

HTH,
Micah