2002 Jul 14 10:12

Re: [vox] Keepin' my box cool

Quoting Rod Roark (rod@sunsetsystems.com):

> Looks like that pot vs. kettle thing.

Really?  I suggest that some other guy (perhaps you) need shopping
lessons.  This other character indulges outright name-calling.  You
can't see any distinction?  How convenient for you.

> Unfortunately nobody seems to agree with you on that point.

That would be a tragedy if I were running a popularity contest or a
poll.

> You ridiculed my own need for disk space (multiple OS's) as
> a "phase"....

Indeed, how _about_ that, then?  Just exactly how many OSes do you _run_
on individual systems, such that 36 GB or so fails to suffice?  I assume
we must be talking about something like four or five slightly differing
kitchen-sink installations of SuSE, since otherwise the claim is
difficult to fathom, or at least an extreme outlying case that you would
have us believe is common.

> ...completely ignoring the obvious fact that I sell and work with a
> large variety of Linux distributions as part of my business.

Actually, I don't know you from Adam, let alone your business.  It
hadn't occurred to me to be interested, let alone that it would be
relevant to the discussion, which to the best of my understanding wasn't
about you.

> Taking us back to assertions that you are unwilling to prove....

Res ipsa loquitur.  I think the point obvious.

Feel welcome to pound the table about your disagreement, if you wish.

> So far I count no less than seven posts from you on this topic.  So
> your rhetoric seems to function pretty badly in that regard also.

But you're forgetting entertainment value -- and the fact that I'm a
very fast typist.  Which reminds me, I need to head off to run the
BayLISA picnic.

rick@linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.