2002 Jul 14 09:45

Re: [vox] Keepin' my box cool

I thought I was done with this, but...

On Sunday 14 July 2002 08:40 am, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Jeff Newmiller (jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us):
> > You are continuing to try to overwhelm my civility.  Look beyond your ego
> > once in awhile.
>
> I note the continued irony of your entering the discussion pretty much
> solely for gratuitous name-calling.

Looks like that pot vs. kettle thing.

> > Peter did find a lower price point than Rod, but I don't think Peter's
> > price quote reflects the same performance point as Rod's quote, and in no
> > case is your outlandish assertion that "$200 buys the same size" borne
> > out.
>
> Was there some specific part of "hard drives these days come in basically
> one size, called 'bigger than you can fill, and bigger than you can
> economically back up'" that you didn't quite grasp, or was it the whole
> package?

Unfortunately nobody seems to agree with you on that point.
You ridiculed my own need for disk space (multiple OS's) as
a "phase", completely ignoring the obvious fact that I sell
and work with a large variety of Linux distributions as part
of my business.

> > I agree that SCSI is better technically than IDE... but it doesn't come
> > cheap, and I don't use any of my old SCSI equipment these days, so the
> > reusability argument is a little weak.
>
> The fact that _you_ buy poorly so that you are no longer using your
> earlier purchases means my reusability argument is weak?  Try again.

Taking us back to assertions that you are unwilling to
prove....

> > I have no plans to waste my money on your rhetorical "fees", given the
> > available samples of your discussions.
>
> So you see, the rhetoric indeed functions as intended, in preventing my
> having to deal with time-wasters.

So far I count no less than seven posts from you on this
topic.  So your rhetoric seems to function pretty badly in
that regard also.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/