2002 Jul 14 10:42

Re: [vox] Keepin' my box cool

Quoting Jeff Newmiller (jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us):

> You are continuing to try to overwhelm my civility.  Look beyond your ego
> once in awhile.

I note the continued irony of your entering the discussion pretty much
solely for gratuitous name-calling.

> Peter did find a lower price point than Rod, but I don't think Peter's
> price quote reflects the same performance point as Rod's quote, and in no
> case is your outlandish assertion that "$200 buys the same size" borne
> out.

Was there some specific part of "hard drives these days come in basically
one size, called 'bigger than you can fill, and bigger than you can
economically back up'" that you didn't quite grasp, or was it the whole
package?

> I agree that SCSI is better technically than IDE... but it doesn't come
> cheap, and I don't use any of my old SCSI equipment these days, so the
> reusability argument is a little weak.

The fact that _you_ buy poorly so that you are no longer using your
earlier purchases means my reusability argument is weak?  Try again.

> I have no plans to waste my money on your rhetorical "fees", given the
> available samples of your discussions.

So you see, the rhetoric indeed functions as intended, in preventing my
having to deal with time-wasters.

rick@linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.