2002 Jul 13 16:10

Re: [vox] Q: looking for combination device...

Re: [vox] Q: looking for combination device...

Don't try to get all that in one device... you can be sure
that it will be sub-par in one area or another.  Also if
anything breaks (and it will) then you have to send off the
whole mess for repair.

If you have a printer and scanner, then you don't need a
copier -- XSane has a "copy" function that's very convenient.

Answering machine: Pac Bell's voice mail works nicely and
has the advantage of taking messages for you when the line
is in use.

Fax: There are fax services you can use over the Internet
for a small fee, or use some software that does faxing via
your modem (sorry I don't have experience with that, but
I'm pretty sure it can be done with Linux).

Cheers,

-- Rod