2002 Jul 13 16:10

[vox] Q: looking for combination device...

[vox] Q: looking for combination device...

I am looking for something that may not exist, but wanted to ask fellow
list members if they know of one that comes close and/or where you
consider a good online business to search.

I recall combination "Fax" + "Copier" + "Printer" + "Scanner" + "Answering
machine" all in one. The problem with the unit that I recalled, was they
only had drivers for Windows 9X and the product was abut 8 years old.

I am looking for something that contains all of the above tools in one
unit *and* works for Linux. A SCSI connection would be best followed by
Parallel and then USB. If you have other suggestions (breaking it down to
2 components) they are also welcome.

The most critical part, of course, is that all functions should work with
Linux on x86. If any one function is not "there" a separate device can be
purchased to fill that need - so long as operability with linux is
"there".

Suggestions for your favorite Linux friendly hardware products are also
welcome. (Two I used a year or so ago are no longer "there".

Thanks!

-ME