2002 Jul 09 10:32

Re: [vox] Re: [lugod librarian] WANTED: WordPerfect for linux.

Re: [vox] Re: [lugod librarian] WANTED: WordPerfect for linux.

Quoting Don Werve (donw@examen.com):

> I can fix that.  I purchased the WP8 Deluxe box set, and it gathers dust
> on my bookshelf...$150 for a collection of fonts and a miniature stuffed
> penguin.
>
> The software itself sucks horribly, just to let you know.

Are you _quite_ sure you're not speaking of WP9?  xwp v. 8, in my
experience, was very stable, RAM-thrifty, and fast.  It was a thorough,
well-performed native port of the GUI codebase -- though the work was
reportedly outsourced to SDC Corp (as were v. 6 and 7, before that).

rick@linuxmafia.com