2002 Jul 09 01:01

Re: [vox] WANTED: WordPerfect for linux.

Re: [vox] WANTED: WordPerfect for linux.

Quoting Robert G. Scofield (rscofield@afes.com):

> Rod is right about the library compatibility problems for recent Linux
> distros.  It doesn't work on Mandrake 8.1, but will work with RedHat 6.1 for
> instance.  Rumor has it that there is a WordPerfect 8.1 that comes with Corel
> Linux that has the more recent libraries.

No fooling?  Damn, I'll have to see if I can find that.  I have Corel
Linux 1.2 (what they lamely called "Corel Linux 2nd Edition") around
here somewhere.  It'd be nice for me to put in place of... I mean, it'd
be nice to add to whatever unspecified shady spots on the Internet one
can still find xwp 8.0 for download.  ;->

> Some people are downloading old libraries to get 8.0  to work.

Yep.  I can attest that, without this, 8.0 is just a paperweight on
recent Linux distributions, and a virtual one at that.

rick@linuxmafia.com