2002 Jul 14 17:40

[vox] developer/spokesman of gnutella dies

[vox] developer/spokesman of gnutella dies

gene kan, a developer of the gnutella protocol died today.  gene was one
of the first people to release an implementation of the gnutella
protocol under the GPL.  he was only 25.

gene was an employee of sun.  no details of his death were released
other than it was the result of an accident.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=&ncid=762&e=6&u=/ap/20020709/ap_en_mu/obit_kan_2

pete