2002 Jul 07 22:32

Re: [vox] a game of logic (linux related)

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> find the major logical flaw:
> I could not get PuTTy to Run I already sent that mesage to you. I attempted
> to go to the address lifshitz.ucdavis.edu but went to soma Apache test page
> At this point I am frustrated and confused.  I hope Bill Gates takes over
> the world. Things will not be as good or as secure but at least they will be
> usable.
> comment: there are a few major flaws in his thinking, but i'm wondering
> if anyone can spot (what i see to be) the biggest.

Let's see:
1. He's assuming Bill Gates has not already taken over the world.
2. He's assuming a Microsoft universe will be easy to navigate.

Now, getting less snarky:
3. He's confused between PuTTY and a web browser (hence the Apache
comment), and for all I know is shaky on this whole 'ports' business.
4. This is somehow PuTTY's or Apache's fault.

LART him but gently, though; maybe we can save his soul yet.  :)

--nicole twn

***
"Can anything stop The Blob?!?"--old programming textbook
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital nonsense for a weary world.