2002 Jul 07 22:33

[vox] a game of logic (linux related)

here's a fun activity:

i'm a teaching assistant for some classes this summer.  the classes all
make extensive use of linux as the platform under which the students
will be working.

another person teaching the class is trying to install and use putty so
he can log into the physics server from home.  clearly, he needs to have
some linux experience.   we don't allow anything but ssh connections, so
this teacher has installed putty and is trying to connect to
lifshitz.ucdavis.edu.

find the major logical flaw:

I could not get PuTTy to Run I already sent that mesage to you. I attempted
to go to the address lifshitz.ucdavis.edu but went to soma Apache test page
At this point I am frustrated and confused.  I hope Bill Gates takes over
the world. Things will not be as good or as secure but at least they will be
usable.