2002 Jul 04 22:34

Re: [vox] WANTED: WordPerfect for linux.

On Wednesday 03 July 2002 10:35 pm, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> You might also ask other people on this newsgroup whether they like the
> WordPerfect 9 office suite.  I claim that the two greatest releases of
> WordPerfect were 5.1 for DOS, and 8 for Linux.  WordPerfect 8 was a native
> Linux program.  WordPerfect 9 runs on WINE, and I find it to be
> irritatingly buggy.  I would not buy it if I had to do it over again,
> though others here may recommend it.

It's for my mom, she uses wordperfect for windows at work and doesn't want to
learn a new office suite. I did see WerdPerfect 8 for linux for $3 (the
download version I assume) on linuxcentral.com, do you think that would be
worth getting?

--
Windows 95 is crash compatible with Windows 1.0, 2.x, and 3.x.