2002 Jul 09 00:57

Re: [vox] WANTED: WordPerfect for linux.

Re: [vox] WANTED: WordPerfect for linux.

Corel stopped supported the free version of WordPerfect 8 for Linux, and
they barely support WordPerfect Office 2000.  I purchased mine at Fry's
a few months back and had a devil of a time getting it set up.  I think
I might have purchased their last copy, because I haven't seen it on the
shelves since.

I have found WP for Linux hideously unreliable, even though I have long
preferred WordPerfect as my word processor of choice.  I couldn't have
more than five or so documents open at once or it would crash.
Sometimes it would just crash for the hell of it, and I'd have to kill
all Corel and WINE processes to get it launchable again.  Finally, a
month or so ago, I went and converted all of my WordPerfect documents to
Word, and use Open Office for everything.

It's a shame.  Under Windows, WordPerfect is a fine product.  If they
would keep developing it for Linux, it'd be great.

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 22:01, Ryan wrote:
> I can't find a download site for the free version of Wordperfect for linux,
> anyone know where to get it/have it? Failing that anyone know where to buy
> the office suite version?
> --
> The Microsoft Motto: "We're the leaders, wait for us!"
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com

vi vi vi - the editor of the beast