2002 Jun 27 23:17

Re: [vox] Dealing with your boss

Thank you, everyone -- your insights are very good for me.  Please keep
them coming.  I'm learning a load.

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Robert G. Scofield wrote:

> As I think I have told you before, I think that you do a very good job at
> this.  I am a non-techie, and I have always found your explanations to be
> clear.  Your're one of the best on this list for making things easy to
> understand for a non-techie.  So you should have some confidence.

Thank you, Robert.  That means so much to me.  :)

I think I'm pretty good at explaining things when I write them (like in an
e-mail) but I have a horrendous time doing it in person [sometimes?]
especially on things I wasn't prepared to talk about.  English is my
second language, but also my genes just don't have the nack for it.

I remember when I was in elementary school I asked this gentleman (also
Korean American) if one can ever get to learn just enough of two languages
but not enough of either that s/he has trouble with both languages.  I
feel like I'm stuck right in that situation, at least when speaking. :(

I attended a speech camp when I was in 4th grade because I was too shy.
Maybe I'll go to another one.  Are there speech camps for adults?  (I'm
half joking, but if you know of any it'd be interesting to learn about
them.)

Thanks guys!

-Mark

--