2002 Jun 25 21:19

Re: [vox] secure diary thoughts

Quoting ME (dugan@passwall.com):

> I agree with your points. Your points are very good to make. I was
> being a bit dense in my response by not picking up on your direction
> and where you were going - I appologize for my mistake.

Good heavens, no need.  I've been enjoying your posts.

[Re:  SSH is good for traffic between two trusted hosts over hostile
networks.]

> Oh no! This is not my idea! I got this from reading the proposed RFC on
> ssh. I can in no way claim to have that idea as my own. It was one of
> those things that, when I read it, made me go, "huh! That seems so
> obvious, but is worthy for them to mention."

Hey, I don't care who gets credit for the insight.  It's yours as far as
I'm concerned.  ;->  There's very little to be said on these subjects
that's utterly original:  What tends to matter more is when someone
says something that's useful, concise, and articulate.

Like your posts on this subject, for example.  Don't be so darned
modest.  ;->

> I like to hear stories like this - even if they have unhappiness :-( .

Heh.  True unhappiness would be having no fallback in case security
efforts fail.  Which reminds me:  I need to go run that backup.  ;->