2002 Jun 25 12:39

Re: [vox] Netscape menu item is now gone

On Monday 24 June 2002 03:35 pm, David Margolis wrote:
> 2.  in defense of pete.  why teach other products?  not that i believe
> they shouldn't, because they should!  but csus and sac city college both
> used to offer classes in wordperfect, but that product is all but extinct.

You just answered your own question.  MS Word can/will also
become extinct.  You teach other products not to teach those
products, but to teach open-mindedness.

Pete wrote:
> but just remember, big business has a different POV.  school should
> prepare us for the real world.  not what the world _should_ be like.
>
> we're all geeked out, but a suit needs to know what a suit needs to
> know...  ;-)

I'm advocating preparation for the real world as much as
anyone.  Where do you think all those narrow-minded suits
came from?  They went to schools like Sac State.  A better
school will teach skills with lasting value.  I can learn
Word by myself.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/