January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jun 20 21:13

Re: [vox] Spam question

On Thursday 20 June 2002 04:50 pm, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ryan (ryan@mother.com):
> > Many Linux mail clients, for example, do not have this protection, and
> > allow a user to set any from address (s)he likes.
>
> It would be sufficient for either /usr/bin/netcat or /usr/bin/telnet to
> exist, actually.

Yea, I've manual sent fake email to annoy my buddies a few times. Really easy
stuff.

1) Read http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0821.txt
2) http://samspade.org/t/dns?a=recipiant.domain.name.here
3) telnet smtp.server.for.recipiant.domain.name.here 25

--
Win98 error 001: Unexpected condition: booted without crashing.