2002 Jun 20 16:29

Re: [vox] Spam question

Quoting speck@blkmtn.org (speck@blkmtn.org):

> The problems with the Klez virus is that the original
> sender is only located in the Evelope From field.
> There are a some email systems that will strip this
> information (Exchange) and use the forged header info,
> so that you will not see it.

You can't really rely on the envelop From header, anyway.
Just about any header can be forged other than the genuine
Received headers (in distinction to forged Received headers that
might also be present).

This is one reason why virus auto-notification is a particularly stupid
idea.  There are others.

--
Cheers,   The difference between common sense and paranoia is that common sense
Rick Moen     is thinking everyone is out to get you.  That's normal; they are.