2002 Jun 18 16:29

Re: [vox] why i hate phantom menace

Heh.  I used to work at the Davis Enterprise as a district manager, supervising those kids who deliver your copy of that newspaper to your home every day.  One day -- long before the "special edition" came out -- I said to a kid as he was headed out for his route, "May the Force be with you."  To which he replied, "Huh?  The what?"

Another anecdote...  I also used to work at Videos To Go, next to the supermarket formerly known as Ralph's.  One of my co-workers was an 18-year old girl.   I got really depressed when I found out she'd been born after _The Muppet Movie_ was released.  (Later on, she went on to tell me that I was "The coolest old person" she knew.  BOy, that really made my day.)

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 03:40:59PM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>
> > Richard (now feeling kinda old)
>
> On the "feeling old" subject, a few years ago I went to Laughs Unlimited,
> and one of the comics said "Do you realize that there are people in this
> room who were born AFTER STAR WARS?! I mean, that movie changed my life!!"
> My friends and I in the back of the room were *rolling* on the floor, and
> we were the only ones laughing. The rest of the room was filled with 18
> year olds who just stared back at him glumly.  How depressing!
>
> --
> R. Douglas Barbieri
> doug@dooglio.net
> http://www.dooglio.net
>
> "That government is best which governs the least, because its people
>    discipline themselves."
>
> -- Thomas Jefferson

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford