2002 Jun 18 22:50

Re: [vox] why i hate phantom menace

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> Richard (now feeling kinda old)

On the "feeling old" subject, a few years ago I went to Laughs Unlimited,
and one of the comics said "Do you realize that there are people in this
room who were born AFTER STAR WARS?! I mean, that movie changed my life!!"
My friends and I in the back of the room were *rolling* on the floor, and
we were the only ones laughing. The rest of the room was filled with 18
year olds who just stared back at him glumly.  How depressing!

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people
   discipline themselves."

-- Thomas Jefferson