2002 Jun 18 15:27

Re: [vox] why i hate phantom menace

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 02:44:38PM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:

> PPS: I just dig on Lucas' universe. Even when there are so many other
> problems with how the movies were made, his story line and universe
> concepts are still very compelling. It's *lots* of fun to see how Anakin
> become Darth Vader, and after seeing the setup, fun to go back to the
> original films--you catch a lot more now that you know the history. One of
> the reasons I like Babylon 5 so much--the universe is well thought out and
> you get to jump around in the timeline and see how it unfolds.

Except the fact that the first movie says "Episode IV" at the beginning,
it really could just stand on its own as a single movie, making the
following two look more like afterthoughts.  "Oooh - how can we add more
backstory to this?  I know!  Make Vader his father!"  :)

-bill!
Pod scene was so boring, I left the theatre to use the restroom ;)