2002 Jun 18 16:29

Re: [vox] why i hate phantom menace

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> * was it _really_ necessary to have anakin be a virgin birth?

Considering all the messianic references in the movies, I'd say it's not
altogether odd.

The only movie with stronger references would be Dune (the whole Kwizatz
Haderach)

> * how realistic is it to throw a chancellor out by having one senator
>   say "i move for a vote of no confidence in so and so".   wouldn't that
>   be awful if we kicked out a president everytime congress votes "no
>   confidence"?

Guess what? This happens a lot in other countries or in federated
bureaus.  No confidence votes can completly lead to new elections and has
been done before...