2002 Jun 18 19:30

[vox] why i hate phantom menace

ok, my very favorite movies are star wars and empire strikes back.

so people are surprised when i tell them that return of the jedi was a
complete disappointment, lucas still owes me 6 bucks for phantom and
clones was mediocre.

this guy enumerates everything i ever said and more:

http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/chefelf/rnt_78reasons1-10.shtml

he has it all pretty much covered, like:

* was it _really_ necessary to have anakin be a virgin birth?

* how realistic is it to throw a chancellor out by having one senator
  say "i move for a vote of no confidence in so and so".   wouldn't that
  be awful if we kicked out a president everytime congress votes "no
  confidence"?

* why do the enemy droids communicate audibly for everyone to hear?
  why not communicate over radio waves using cryptographic measures to
  protect communication?

anyway, it's pretty much all there.

pete