2002 Jun 18 14:07

Re: [vox] NOtebook/Laptop

Dell makes nice machines, but I'd also consider the Apple iBook:
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/03/29/ibook_linux.html

I've got an iBook with OS X on it (and I'm quite happy with it), but
after reading the above article I think I'll be setting it up to dual
boot with debian in the near future (perhaps at the next nblug
installfest, if I make it). I'll be sure and let the list know how that
goes when I do; until then I suggest you check out the O'Reilly article
linked above. Sounds like it's quite feasible to run an apple laptop
without any apple software whatsoever, if you're so inclined.

Btw, don't think I've posted here before, so I'll briefly introduce
myself:
My name is Leif, I'm a 19 year old geek from sonoma county, I've been
using linux here and there for a couple years now, mostly redhat and
mandrake, though I hope to go all-debian soon (using apt-get with the
fink dist (http://fink.sf.net) on my OS X machine has sold me), and,
looking back at this sentence, I appear to have a bad habit of using far
too many commas, not enough periods, and (sometimes) too many
parenthesis.

I've been reading the list for almost a month now; perhaps I'll make it
to one of LUGOD's events sooner or later (it's just a bit longer of a
drive than the nblug :)

    -leif