2002 Jun 18 09:49

Re: [vox] NOtebook/Laptop

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 01:28:53PM -0700, Rusty Minden wrote:
> I am going to get a Notebook Computer, but can only spend $1,500.00 on it. I
> need a decent machine prefer AMD and would like a good (easy) Debian Woody
> install. Any recomendations would be appritiated. (used or remanufactured is
> a consideration) Bleading edge is not needed.

Dell.  Nothing else needs to be considered, IMHO.  Well made, nicely and
completely supported under Linux, and nice things like floppies you can
plug into parallel ports at any time you like.  My Latitude CPx had about
10hrs of run time on two batteries (until I overheated the batteries).

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/