2002 Jun 13 17:16

Re: [vox] cat and >> - how does it know?

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> ps- i was under the impression that this sort of thing killed the temp
> file.  i'm surprised the check is made.

At one time use of > did, but I dont recall what >> did. Feature
enahncement been in place for a while. I seem to recall earlier version
of SunOS has this as a problem (destruction of file) for when I tested it
on a Linux Distro a few years ago, it gave similar error, and left the
file undamaged.